Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Man

"Yes! But you can't just say it, man. You've got to feel it in you're blood and guts! If you wanna rock, you gotta break the rules. You gotta get mad at the man!"

This is all about sticking it to the man.

If you don't play the game you can't win. So I'll play your game, but I won't fall for your traps. Because I've seen the middle aged men and women in the depths of despair. And I've seen the old timers with a heart full of regret.

I'll conform to your 'society'. But fear me. Fear Dick Tidrow.

I'll go to your 17 sessions of attendance school. I'll spend way too much money on pointless caps and gowns. But you can't stop me from heating up leftover lasagna at 1 in the morning. 

You can tell me you want me to succeed, then try to prevent me from doing so. You can take it all but I'll still find happiness. Because I've seen the middle aged men and women smiling. And I've seen the old timers whose hearts are filled with old joy. 

"If you wanna rock, you gotta break the rules."

I'm gonna tell you something the man doesn't want you to know, you rock. 

"One great rock show could change the world"

So here's to the kids who where raised in hell. 

Let's raise hell. 




11 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I really like the message. I'll probably steal something, but I don't know what yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im probably going to just steal this whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to the kids who were raised in hell. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'll conform to your 'society'. But fear me." Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you con't play the game you can't win. So I'll play your game, but I won't fall for your traps. Because I've seen the middle aged men and women in the depths of despair. And I've seen the old timers with a heart full of regret. Love this! stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "So here's to the kids who where raised in hell. Let's raise hell." -Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I creepily read this, over and over.

    I creepily creep your blog too.

    I want to hangout with you, and Jack Black, on a thursday. Is that creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. jus took the animal quiz. imma bear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything I've read here is something I want to keep forever

    ReplyDelete