Sunday, September 16, 2012

of rattlesnakes and love

"rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

-Henry David Thoreau


Sometimes I'd rather wake up and go to heaven than go to school.

I'll never know what love is. I'll never understand. Every time I think I'm starting to figure it out, right when I'm about to wrap my fingers around it, it sends me in a whole another direction. And when I say it, I have no idea what I mean.
It might be love.
Do you have to understand something to need it?
I've watched someone I love take their dying breath. I've been hurt and I've hurt others but still, I have no idea what love is. We're all baby rattlesnakes, we are the most dangerous. We have no control over our venom. Our venom is love. We are the most dangerous. We call them lips but they are really just fangs. We paralyze our prey and then we digest them. We are the most dangerous. How are we so ignorant to the warning rattling?





15 comments:

  1. Too much is right with this post. The title, the epigraph (is that something?), the picture, and that opening line. That opening line floored me. And I'm sitting on my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby snakes metaphor. So true. I like your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, this is so freaking true.
    Stealing "
    Sometimes I'd rather wake up and go to heaven than go to school."

    Sometimes waking up and going to the real world is harder than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes i'd rather go to hell, than go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Every time I think I'm starting to figure it out, right when I'm about to wrap my fingers around it, it sends me in a whole another direction." I love this part. & I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "And when I say it, I have no idea what I mean." using this in journal

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello irrelevant. i would like to agree that baby rattlesnakes are,indeed, the most dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "We have no control over our venom." Seriously Amazing. I could live in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing.

    The last sentence of Nelson's comment was amazing.

    You're still amazing.

    ReplyDelete