Monday, September 24, 2012

The Show

I'm going to go back to pretending like I know what's going on. Like I understand this world. Like any of this  makes sense. Like small talk means something.


I'll put on this show for you because it pleases you and it covers up that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. 


I'm still trying to figuring out if God showed me all these examples of failure to motivate me or to prepare me for my fate. 

And then she asks me if she can have some applesauce and I remember how selfish I'm being. Even if I don't know success exists, I have to believe in it, for her. 

So don't worry, I'll do the dishes and I'll do my homework, not because I want to but because I don't know what else to do.  


3 comments:

  1. "Im still trying to figure out if God showed me all these examples of failure to motivate me or to prepare me for my fate"....i feel like thats whats happening with me in this class.. i love this quote as you apply it to life, but we are given these examples, these other writers to look at and i feel like its just setting me up to not be as good as them, but at the same time it does motivate me..i dont know, "hall of fame" blogs help me, but at the same time discourage me..cause i dont think ill ever be that good of a writer..ill never be as good as dick tidrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is real. I feel this way too. We need to talk about this in class.

      Reading good stuff should discourage and encourage. I think the best artists are insecure.

      Delete
  2. I'll put on this show for you because it pleases you and it covers up that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

    I'm stealing this. And pretty much this whole post. Love your blog SO MUCH.

    P.S. Thank you for quoting me! It is much appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete