Sunday, September 30, 2012

you

I know it's unoriginal, but I'm thinking about you.

I'm not thinking about you like a fat kid thinks about losing weight, I'm thinking about you like a fat kid thinks about cake.

I'm thinking about you like I think about Paris. Because you're my ticket there. (thanks Mr. Nelson for driving me to the airport.)

I'm thinking about you like I used to think about her. But I keep telling myself it's different this time.

I'm thinking about you like plumbers think about butt cracks.

You're the leader of the 'Occupy My Brain' movement. You're hanging out on all of the corners of the side streets of my mind. You're camping on private property. And I know I should arrest you, give you a fine, or something. But let's be honest, I helped you pitch your tent. And I kind of enjoy your company.

I'm thinking about you like I think about all of the stupid things I say to you. Like broken things think about getting fixed. Like dogs think about getting fixed. I'm thinking about you like glue thinks about glue sticks.

Like I should be thinking about this math test, trying to figure out all of the problems. I'm thinking about you like formulas think about inconsistency. Like y thinks about x, and x about m, and m+b, and you and me.

I'm thinking about you like I hope you're thinking about me.

I know I'm not the only one thinking about, I know I'm not the first, and I know I won't be the last. I just hope you have a good time in my mind. But please stay away from the 'Forbidden Section'.

I'm trying to not think about you so I can get some sleep.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds great. The paragraph about the occupy my brain is absolutely genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You're hanging out on all the corners of the side streets of my mind."

    LOVE this line. Stealing it.

    Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the leader of the 'Occupy My Brain' movement. You're hanging out on all of the corners of the side streets of my mind. You're camping on private property. And I know I should arrest you, give you a fine, or something.
    Love it ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You're hanging out on all of the corners of the side streets of my mind." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like y thinks about x, and x about m, and m+b, and you and me." Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You're hanging out on all of the corners of the side streets of my mind. You're camping on private property. And I know I should arrest you, give you a fine, or something. But let's be honest, I helped you pitch your tent. And I kind of enjoy your company."
    Stolen. We should be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You're camping on private property. And I know I should arrest you, give you a fine, or something. But let's be honest, I helped you pitch your tent." I stole this.

    ReplyDelete