Sunday, October 7, 2012

celine dion is a liar




beautiful faceless women
 
 
 
We'd go to family reunions and our weird aunts would marvel about how in love we are. We'd give talks on the sameday and teach primary together.
 
We'd kiss in a tube slide, while it's raining outside.
 
We'd go on roadtrips and listen to mix cd's we made. We'd read books and recite poems.
 
I'd cook you breakfast and you'd make me dinner and even though you burnt the chicken, I'd still eat it.
 
And I'd do the dishes. Everynight. I'd even let you hold the remote control.
 
We'd go on bike rides in the morning and walks at night. And we'd talk for hours.
 
And oh, how'd we cuddle. Because cuddling is better than sex.
 
We'd have kids. I'd teach them to throw a spiral and you'd teach to play the piano. I'd read them a bedtime story and you'd sing them to sleep. We'd teach them to love God, love others, but do whatever they want.
 
We would be poor. But just to prove money isn't happiness. And I'd kiss you every morning before I went to work. And I'd never work saturdays.
 
 
But Santa Clause isn't real
 
And neither are you
 
But St. Nick, that man was real.
 

 
 

 


8 comments:

  1. This is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im gonna make my wife do all those things. Truly a remarkable blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could've been cheesy. But it wasn't. It really wasn't.

    "We would be poor. But just to prove money isn't happiness." I keep thinking about this line. And wondering if that's what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought about going to family reunions with my husband and not sitting around talking with the adults, but running around crazy with the little kids. I'm so excited.

    Like Nelson, that is my favorite line. I love it. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And oh, how'd we cuddle. Because cuddling is better than sex."

    Very true.

    Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. man if life only would be like that all the time

    ReplyDelete
  7. This drew me in and had me day dreaming and suddenly snapped me out of it, I'm a fan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This drew me in and had me day dreaming and suddenly snapped me out of it, I'm a fan

    ReplyDelete