Monday, October 15, 2012

a prayer of thanks



Dear God of Colors, 

Thank you for the Blues. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for all the phone calls.

I thank thee for Black. Thank you for having a troubled past. Thank you for understanding. And thank you for taking a chance.

White. Thank you for breaking my heart. You taught me I'm not all about the booty.

Thank you for Yellow. I like our future. 

Thank you for the Grays. Thanks for making me want to be a better person.

For Reds. For being my opposite. And all that's done for me. And all that you've done for me.

Thank you for the Indigos. Thanks for being different, yet the same. Thank you for existing. Thank you for making me want to exist. 

Thank you for Green and Brown. For being home. Thank you for experiencing. Thank you for rising above and taking me with you. 

In the name of Art, we pray. Amen.



2 comments: