Sunday, November 25, 2012

the wheels on the bus go round and round

The Bus Always Took Longer On Snowy Days

 
 
 
All of his friends are cold lunchers. He's a hot lunch kid. But he doesn't bother to eat at lunch anymore. Because it's different than it used to be. He'd always get but in line anyways. It seems like everything has been said already. No one told him that guys can get their heart broken. And that college applications cost $35. 
 
This is the place where pimples matter and personalities don't.
 
Empty faces reaching for exit signs. But the doors locked. Freedom assemblies and crappy toilets. And the kind of stories we're suppose to tell our kids about. I made it in the yearbook 3 times.
 
Maybe I'm doing high school wrong.
 
And I'm sorry I defecated on your porch. Multiple times. But I had to do something rebellious before I grew up. It's all just part of the process. Your Mom can be really intimidating.
 
And some how the preppy kids are so happy.
And the cheerleaders are way hot.
But you're beautiful.
And I'll love you forever. Or at least until my blue jeans fade.
 
Maybe I'm doing high school perfect.

8 comments:

  1. I was looking for a line or two to single out, but I can't.

    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But you're beautiful.
    And I'll love you forever. Or at least until my blue jeans fade."

    I love these lines. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of it, I really do. For some reason I really liked these lines:
    "All of his friends are cold lunchers. He's a hot lunch kid. But he doesn't bother to eat at lunch anymore. Because it's different than it used to be. He'd always get but in line anyways."

    I don't know. This is good. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sorry I defecated on your porch. Multiple times. Hahahaha so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "doing high school"

    Like it's the laundry. Or your taxes. Or the dishes. That's how it feels sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your posts are amazing.
    Loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is amazing. I love how you everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was amazing!! Good gosh. I can't even. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete