Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Case for Pluto

 
 
 

A list of things that matter but I can't figure out why:

That my bishop uses things like 'c' and 'u' when texting instead of 'see and 'you'. And that he likes New Order.

That the shade of lipstick they put on my mother's dead body for people to come look at bothers me more than any sin my dad has ever committed.

That my funeral better not be open casket.

That time I swore because I thought I was funny.

The fact that I use women's deodorant because the other stuff irritates my armpits.

That we use a fake Christmas tree.

That children are happier than most adults.

You.

Her.

Poetry. (like "love and beauty and truth")

That my step-dad was a redhead.

Moustaches.

Making people laugh.(I use to think that the solution to every problem in the entire universe was laughter, but then I realized I wasn't funny enough)

That I used to be able to dance.

That I can only drink milk when it's really cold.

Why I like the word fickle so much.

That I was in the room when my niece took her first steps.

The 'i' before 'e' rule.

Pluto.

That you probably won't take the time to read this whole thing.

Dick Tidrow.

That I just really want to share a carton of eggnog with you and I don't even like eggnog that much.

That I've never kissed anyone.

I weighed more when I was seventeen.

That this isn't for you, it's for me.

Bazooka bubblegum.

That I'll never be James Bond.









14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad someone else likes the word fickle. And i hate that my family has a fake Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pluto.

    I love this post. I really think it might be one of my favorites of yours.

    I wouldn't even know what a real Christmas tree was like, they all seem so fake to me.

    I really am contemplating going to buy some eggnog right now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My milk has to be extremely cold. Or else I find it repulsive to drink.

    I am obsessed with an array of words. I use then over and over.

    I think this should be a journal prompt, or blog assignment. Or both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That I just really want to share a carton of eggnog with you and I don't even like eggnog that much.

    Stole this line, I loved the whole thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stole a line of this and put it as my quote of the week.
    I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm commenting again on this, if you don't mind. I didn't get to say that this line gives me chills. "That I was in the room when my neice took her first steps." I love that line. Probably just cuz I'm so obsessed with babies. Haha. I don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming back and reading old favorites.
    I hope you know how good you are.
    The kind of good that doesn't go away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the milk is cold or if the weather is cold?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may never see this but I'm never going to forget this poem for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well..you already have 9 comments and I don't think I will ever get to meet you (because you've already graduated...i think) but I couldn't just sit here and read your blog every day and never say anything. I love it-all of it. Thank you Dick Tidrow
    "I used to think that the solution to every problem in the entire universe was laughter, but then I realized I wasn't funny enough" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I use to think that the solution to every problem in the entire universe was laughter, but then I realized I wasn't funny enough"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I doubt you'll see this but I need to say that this belongs everywhere

    ReplyDelete