Sunday, January 13, 2013

failing, losing, & dancing


I wanna be a champion.

I wanna know what amazing feels like. And I want to experience jumper cable lips. I wanna have a reason to raise my fist in the air. And I want to stand at half court and scream, anythings possible. I wanna have glory days.

And I'm not sure if it's fear or common sense that's holding me back. And I'm still trying to figure out why I put a happy ending at all of my poems. And when my happy ending is going to come.

But winning has taught me much. It's the losses. The laughter at each loss that has taught me most of the lessons worth remembering. A desire to win and a respect for losing, because I wanna be a champion.

Screwing up is necessary. Getting up again is beauty. And failure.

Failure is a part of perfection.

And dreams wouldn't really be dreams if I achieved them. And maybe I can't outrun these expectations or this loneliness, but I wanna be a champion.

Even if that means losing sometimes.

Failure asked Depression to Prom. And Loss is taking Knowledge. But I think I'm going to take Victory. And don't tell her I said this, but I think I'm going to try to kiss her.

Because maybe I was meant to make mistakes. And maybe these are my glory days.


I wanna be a champion.

-Griffin

2 comments:

  1. I've been impatiently waiting for this. mmhmm. I still love it.
    Is it weird that I still read your blog? Oh well. I don't care.
    You should keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you'd keep posting on your blog too. It makes me sad to see how many weeks it's been since my favorite writers have posted, ya know? ps. Did you get a new phone yet?

    ReplyDelete