Wednesday, December 26, 2012

here lies a ball player.

This isn't a love story.

But a romantic comedy nonetheless.




They warned about the violence in video games. The sex in movies. And the language on tv. But never about the romance in music.

That's when I met Paris.

The type of girl who made you feel bad for growing up. And for having written more essays in your life than 'I love yous'.

She tried to show me her Eiffel Tower. But I told her that's not what I'm here for. Then I let her see my sno-shack, even though I wasn't ready yet.

The type of girl they based main characters of off. And the type of girl they wrote songs about.

She didn't care that I liked country music. Or that I wrote about her in .99 cent composition notebooks.

The type of girl that made drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes look attractive.

Some days she'd wear pink. And other days she wouldn't even do her hair (those were the days she was most beautiful).

The type of girl that made you believe in the other side of 'sometimes'.

She'd wake me up in the middle of the night just to say hello.

The type of girl that could bring tears to your eyes with a black marker and a newspaper.


Now I see her in everything.


She ended up leaving me for New York. I don't blame her, he has a six-pack.
And he's a way better kisser than me, even though I meant it more.

But I promise you this, Paris will never forget her stint with Alpine Utah.

And I'm still trying to believe that there's life after Paris.
And I guess I'm still waiting for my happy ending.

But in the meantime, the wine is excellent. And I don't even drink.


"Umm... Aren't you a little young to be having a midlife crisis?"

"Whoever said I'd make it past thirty?"





8 comments:

  1. It's about time.

    This is [enter interesting synonym for GOOD here].

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. This is the best one i've read so far. Nobody has made Paris into a person, and I like it; it's more interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good, and it is eating up my insides not knowing who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And he's a way better kisser than me, even though I meant it more." I won't lie, sometimes I wish you were talking about me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm never reading anything ever again. Forget my identity and forget my blog. This is a blog This is vision too clear, enough to sear. I don't know how you see and write something so real. You're something high up this a memory this is completely true art
    (MUMFORD AND SONS: BROKEN CROWN)
    (The song for this comment)
    [ I'll never wear your broken crown ]

    ReplyDelete
  6. "But never about the romance in music.

    That's when I met Paris.

    The type of girl that made drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes look attractive."

    I honestly can't handle how good this is the whole darn thing and now I'm gonna go into blogging hibernation because of how inadequate I feel in comparison to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Whoever said I'd make it past thirty?"

    ahhhhhh!!! sooo good, this was amazing!!baisugboasifjans beautiful

    ReplyDelete