Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nursing Home Carl Pt. 2

 (I always thought I would be above writing about love in high school, but what can I say, she's really hot)

When I'm with you, God makes sense.

Something about your imagination that makes worlds seems creatable. And something about your eyes that makes sins seem forgivable.

I didn't really believe that the same God could create math and poetry. Then I saw you smile. The curve of your lips. The perfect right angles of your teeth. And the beauty of it all. And I think,

'Ahh, God. Got me again. Good one.'

I guess what I'm saying is, if you wanted, I could be your Carl.

And you could be my religion.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I think I might owe you one too.

    Keep writing about love in high school if you ever want ta.. cuz the way you do is incredible, ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that.. the thing about using the l-word carefully. I haven't used it nearly as much as I'd have liked to unfortunately. and I miss using it.

    And Thanks for the compliment :) This is great using blogger to kinda text. My texting is so on and off these days, if I haven't replied to any of yours it's cuz it's off or taken away. So, sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought I was above falling in love with a post about love, but I guess I was wrong! I really like the part where you talk to God. Makes it seem all the more real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should move on with my life, but I just can't.

    In fact, I just wrote a post today and when I got done, I thought "That was good. That was something Dick Tidrow would've written."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still read and stalk your blog... yup, this was goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "When I'm with you, God makes sense."

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete